Soundboard Size Perspective

Sat, 22 Feb 2003 20:42:58 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> You bet - bring it on!
>
> Terry Farrell

Well, for the meantime I will try and describe it. There was a two bridge
configuration for the treble, with the lowest 9 notes on a separate bridge just about
2 cm offset (shorter string length) then the main one. Sweeping under the bass bridge
was a cutoff bar that had this really nice curve to it... the treble most end of this
ending in sort of a "S". On the top side there was also a cutoff bar that also had a
curve to it that seemed to roughly follow the bridge curve. All in all looking at it
from back a bit it sort of looked like the sound board had very nearly the same shape
as the main treble bridge, except that at about the middle of the piano the upper
cutoff bar ended and the "termination" of the sound board was determined by the
bottom of the pin block so to speak. And it all was done so .... eloquently.....
really looked nice.

I'll let you know if / when I can get a few shots.

RicB
--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.