What do I do with Story&Clark/Yamaha 158 grand?

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:35:22 -0600

At 12:20 PM 2/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I've heard of this before. Can you elaborate on the nature of these plate
>plugs? How are they placed into position - what is the manufacturing
>steps. Are they in any way part of the block? Are they bonded in place
>somehow? Are they drilled prior to installation? Curious minds...........

Hi Terry,
              They have an automated machine that force fits the plugs, the
plug has a centering dimple in the top for a drill guide. The plug and
block is drilled in one operation. The drilling is completely
automated.  Marvels of CNC machinery.
With the force fit, and the pin spreading the plug a little, they are in
there tight.
If you have a spare million bucks, you could order a machine for the shop.  <G>

Regards Roger