What is a Boston? <was Boston and Yamaha opinions wanted>

Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:21:24 +0100

Hi John.. Course the University situation means more then just vandalism.
Hard use, and just plain wear and tear can cause hinges, casters, legs,
pedal lyres, ... you name it to wear out. Some of these are strictly case
parts... some of them are sort of case parts... :)  either way... changing
models tends to cause the kinds of problems Wim describes, and in a
University situation you dont always have a lot of time on your hands.

I even had a bit of a struggle finding the old style cheek block guide for
Steinways from pre-1985 here a couple months back.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.