Assisstant, was: Hourly Rate

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:30:06 -0800

Hi Terry,
For the past five or six years I have had someone doing scheduling and
returning calls for me.  While I prefer to do my own books, there is no
reason why this person couldn't do that as well.  She is hired as a
subcontractor and is responsible for paying her own taxes, insurance,
etc.  I always give complimentary piano service to my assistants as a
job perk.  I couldn't get along without someone doing this important
work for me.

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Farrell
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 4:07 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Assisstant, was: Hourly Rate

I've posted on this before, but not gotten much response. Please share
with me your thoughts on "getting somebody to help me with scheduling
and books". I'm getting there also - I could also use them in the shop
for cleaning - but don't have any idea how it would work - how to hire
someone part time, etc.

Terry Farrell