Used Yamahas

Mark Wisner mwissner@earthlink.net
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 05:34:44 -0800

Yamaha started using a three pedal lyre on all their grands about 20 years
ago so while a two pedal grand is almost  certainly a "gray market" piano,
a three pedal grand may not be.  The best way to determine if a Yamaha was
built for the US is to input the serial number into the database Yamaha
maintains on their site at http://yamaha.com/pianoserials/index.htm.

I should mention that I no longer represent Yamaha.  After 15 years I
resigned my position at Yamaha  and now work for Pearl River Piano.  It's a
great opportunity for me to help create a first-class piano service
department for a very rapidly growing piano company.

Mark Wisner
mwissner@earthlink.net

Yamaha.