A concern regarding Rob Goodale's post "What is a Boston?"

Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:00:09 -0500

Rob, Andy Rudoff, and List -
I am not addressing any of the piano issues raised in this post.  My
concern demonstrates, perhaps, my lack of computer sophistication.  To my
memory, this is the first time I have received an email message from this
list with an imbedded audio file, as opposed to an attachment, which I
could choose to open, or not.  While it was nicely imaginative, I wonder if
someone might explain the nature of such unseen files, and speak to any
possible security concerns.  If this is simply a matter of my ignorance,
simply directing me to a source of enlightenment, rather than going into
lengthy explanations, of little interest to anyone else, would be
sufficient.  Thanks

David Skolnik