Assisstant, was: Hourly Rate

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:26:44 EST

In a message dated 2/20/03 6:07:38 AM Central Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> I've posted on this before, but not gotten much response. Please share with
> me your thoughts on "getting somebody to help me with scheduling and
> books". I'm getting there also - I could also use them in the shop for
> cleaning - but don't have any idea how it would work - how to hire someone
> part time, etc.
>
> Terry Farrell

Scheduling appointments is easy. If you have a cell phone, forward your land
based phone to your cell phone, and carry your appointment book with you. I
realize you'll get some unwanted calls, but you'll never miss an important
call. There are a lot of people who don't like to leave messages.

As far as hiring someone to keep the books, that is something that will help
you. You are probably like most of us, in that at the end of every day, you
spend an hour or so recording your income, entering the customer in the
computer, and paying your bills. Because you spend an hour here and an hour
there, you don't realize it comes to about 8 - 10 hours a week. This in
totally unproductive time. If you paid someone $10 per hour, you can spend
that time making $60 -- $80 per hour. Or you can spend it with your family,
or enjoying your hard earned money in some other way.

It doesn't take that long to "train" someone to do your books. And if she/he
has a question, she/he can call you on your cell phone. There are probably a
lot of stay at home mothers who would love to work 8 - 10 hours a week with a
flexible schedule. It allows her to earn a little extra, and gives you more
time to do "your thing."

Wim