Hourly Rate

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:42:09 EST

In a message dated 2/19/03 9:00:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
RNossaman@cox.net writes:

> Assistant!!?? What's the assistant get paid for providing the show biz
> portion of the program, and what do you do while the inside/outside
> cleaning is being performed? Also, is this inside/outside cleaning done
> annually, semi-annually, or one time for the price, and does the price
> change with the interval? Does the assistant ride with you throughout the
> day, or meet you at specific appointments without being on the payroll for
> every service call? How does the customer react to paying for two people
> when only one is working at any given time? That is, unless you can tune
> while the assistant is cleaning. How can a tuner support himself and an
> assistant in California for only $100 per hour for two people? This sort of
> service structure intrigues me, but I've never understood how it is
> supposed to work

Let me clarify...this isn't my show.  There is a gentleman in my area who
does this, and he charges a pretty hefty fee for a service call.  I think I
underestimated with the 150.00, come to think of it.  And I don't think it is
based on an hourly rate, it is on a per job basis.  The assistant(let's just
say it's someone close to the tuner) travels with the tuner.  From reports
I've heard, the cleaning is done at each appointment, and is done while the
tuner works. He's popular in the well heeled areas around here.

I'm just getting to the point where I think I'll get somebody to help me with
scheduling and books!

Dave S.