Boston and Yamaha opinions wanted

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:18:14 -0500

I think, at a minimum, you would find some significant differences in material quality. I don't think they are the same - very close in very many ways, but some differences. However, I do think the Kawai RX series are an excellent value.

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Goodale" <rrg@unlv.edu>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: Boston and Yamaha opinions wanted

Why not buy a Kawai RX-2?  It's the same piano made in the same factory as the Boston and costs less because it doesn't say "who cares and sons" on it.  (How's that for sarcasm?)

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV
  A local school is buying a new grand piano.  The music department chair
  is weighing the choice of either a Boston GP-193 or a Yamaha C3 or C5.
  For any of you who know these pianos and can give an unbiased opinion,
  which would you recommend?  Are there any strong or weak points of
  either model that we should consider?

  You may want to respond privately.  I have never tuned or worked on a
  Boston, so I'm not very well equipped to help her make the choice on
  this without some input.

  Regards,
  Clyde