Hourly Rate

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:50:20 -0800

Well i don't know about the rate average in Chicago, but here in the Los
Angeles area, 35 bucks is even rock bottom for Floor tuners. Average tuning
fees in my area range from about $90-120; and that's for tuning ONLY. Pitch
raise about $50 extra.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: "SUSAN P SWEARINGEN" <ssclabr8@flash.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Hourly Rate
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:48:37 -0600

Hi Everyone,

I have a question on hourly rate.  Right now, my hourly rate is $35 and I'm
in the Chicago area.  I'm thinking this is slightly low and considering
raising it a bit.  I'm a part-time tuner so I have another source of income
but I don't want to be too low.  I wanted to get an idea of other's hourly
rates (or at least comments on mine).

Thanks,
Corte Swearingen