Tuning Positions

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:10:22 -0700

Boy Wim could you use one of my hammers <G>
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 1:11 PM
  Subject: Re: Tuning Positions

    My tuning profile:  Wim Blees, tuning with the right hand.=20
     =20
    GRANDS:
     =20
    1. SITTING:
    I sit at the piano slightly to the right of square, with my right =
knee under the keybed, and my right side up against the front of the =
keybed.
     =20
    2. ARM:
    My arm is raised almost perpendicular to the floor, depending on the =
height of the piano.=20
     =20
    3. GRIP:
    I hold the hammer almost at the end.=20
     =20
    4. HANDLE POSITION:
    The hammer is between 1 and 3 o'clock.=20
     =20
    5.  WHACKIN' HAND:
    forearm parallel with the keys, using my hand, bending at the wrist, =
pounding with my 3rd finger.
     =20
    6.  HIGH TREBLE:
    If the lid is up and I can get around, I will stand to the side of =
the piano, and put the hammer at 12 o'clock. If the lid is down, or =
there is no room on the right side, I will turn the hammer around so =
that the handle is at 9 o'clock.=20
     =20
    UPRIGHTS:
     =20
    1. SITTING:
    (same as grand). I sit at the piano slightly to the right of square, =
with my right knee under the keybed, and my right side up against the =
front of the keybed.
     =20
    2.  ARM:
    Elbow high at about 3 o'clock
     =20
    3.  GRIP:
    About a half inch of the handle extending past my hand but sometimes =
completely over the end of the handle.
     =20
    4.  HANDLE POSITION:
    Between 12:00 and 2:00.
     =20
    5.  WHACKIN' HAND:
    Elbow mostly level and back,  3rd finger
     =20
    6.  HIGH TREBLE:
    Same as above but with elbow raised
     =20