OT - snowstorm

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 07:50:35 -0600

> Boy, I knew something was up with the weather. Thanks for letting my know.
Been pretty cold here lately - lots of temps in the 60s, but the last couple
days a good 75 or 80 degrees. Snowstorm. OK, that must be it. I knew
something was going on. Thanks..... off for a bike ride now. Tooooldles.
;-)

> Terry Farrell

Terry, Clyde, Others

Tell us what you see these weather conditions doing to the pianos you just
tuned.  We experienced temps dropping from the mid 30's to -17 degrees, and
temps stayed 10 degrees or lower for about 3 weeks. Now they are moving up
to the low 30's again. Furnaces run almost constantly and the humidity
plunges.  There has been a rash of sticky keys, tight actions, knocks and
squeeks, tuning drifts-many needing pitch raises. It's like you haven't
tuned the piano for years.  You mention temp changes of  20-25 dgrees.  With
that would come some humidity changes.  I'm curious to know how this affects
the pianos in your area.

Paul Chick
Southeastern Minnesota