OT - snowstorm

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:26:34 -0600

Roy,

At 21:02 02/17/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I always thought that this was a mailing list for piano technicians to
>discuss various aspects of the business, but now I see it has turned into
>a weather discussion list.
>Let's get back to the basics and quit clogging the email with snow
>problems. I'm sure everyone in the country knows about the East coast
>storm by now, we sure don't need umpteen posts about it.
>
>Thanks for hearing me out.
>
>Roy Czekay

This list is of, by and for technicians.  It is a community of
interest.  It is also a community of individuals.  It is a community, also,
of friends and acquaintances.  Clyde was my roommate in Chicago last
summer, so I know him.  I, as well as many others on this list, are
concerned when we hear of things happening to our friends.

For your peace of mind concerning _this_ post, I might ask just how do you
deal with a day of tuning which is cancelled by the weather?   I don't
recall where you are, but not too many areas of the world are completely
immune to floods, storms, earthquakes or fires.

My 2¢.
BTW, 21°/fair/5" of snow cover

Conrad Hoffsommer
then used against you.