Broken Tuning Pin Removal

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:29:35 -0500

Philip,
         I didn't follow much of this but if the tuning pin is broken off
at the becket hole where most of them do break, why not just push the pin
the rest of the way through instead of messing with extractors and the
like. If you push it down through the bottom you can then either use an
oversized pin or plug and use a new, same sized pin. Either way this is
only a repair and will ultimately have a pin block anyway, no?

Greg Newell