Various types of chemical resistant gloves

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 21:43:30 -0800 (PST)

Latex gloves seem to deteriorate and tear very quickly
upon exposure to many chemicals, but most flexible.
Vinyl gloves are more durable (good for lacquer
rubbing with mineral spirits) and also available in
cheap bags of 12 at my local grocery store, but
stiffer. Thin blue nitrile glkoves ( from auto parts
store) are nearly as flexible as latex, but much more
durable. for eallynasty stuff, like stripping, I wear
the thin ones under the thick chemical gloves. That
way, when the top glove ruptures I'm still protected.
    Thump