Journal Delivery(and "The Piano Tuner")

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 22:03:44 EST

I guess Davids who live on the west coast are being blacklisted....haven't
gotten mine either.  I'm busy reading "The Piano Tuner" by Daniel Mason in
the interim, and it's purdy durned entertaining.  Kind of a romance novel,
and most of his research into our "rarefied" world of piano technology seems
accurate as far as I've gotten.

The main character gives the layman a good idea of the degree of involvement
one can find in this profession.  Good wintertime read.  The guy who wrote it
is 27 years old, and a med student at UCSF.  He wrote it in his "spare time."
 (Isn't that like "extra money:" on the estinct species list?")  If you have
any "spare time," check it out!

Dave Stahl