Wood

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 15:09:52 -0600

>Hi wood working brilliancies out there.

No qualifications there, but I own reference material and have made a lot
of chips and sawdust through the years.

>Why does wood slowly loose its hygroscoptivity over many years ?

Does it? Who says so, and on what evidence?

>And is
>there a way of artificially de-hygoscoping wood to begin with ?

That's easy - yes. You just have to impregnate it clear through with a
catalyzed plastic or resin to make it waterproof. It will no longer be
wood, but moisture won't affect it any more.

Ron N