Keytop trimming

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:09:24 -0800

Yes.  I have a block of wood with a hole cut in the center through which
the router protrudes.  It has pins that lock it into position on the router
table. The block is covered with felt to prevent scratching.  I also use a
router to rough cut the notches.  The jig is rather complicated to explain
but it holds the key and slides through the bit to cut the notch.
Afterward it is all cleaned up with a file.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net