ETD for Palm OS

Charles T. Wesco cwesco@myexcel.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 22:43:26 -0500

Steve,

Currently I also do not know of any ETD for palm os.  The latest palm os
now have fast enough processors and have built in mikes.  Now the issue
is, as Dean Reyburn puts it, why would he want to write the program for
yet another OS when one can get a pocket pc now that will run Reyburn
for 1/2 the price ($200.00-Del unit with rebate or refurbished units) of
these latest Palm OS 5 units?

I agree with you though that for calendar and contacts one cannot beat
Palm OS date book 5 and the simple thought out Palm OS contacts.  I
still use my Palm M515 in a nice metal case in my back pocket for such
things.  However, I like being able to use my pocket pc for Reyburn and
mapping GPS in the car, and still be able to use my cell phone and look
things up on my palm unit while my ipaq is occupied!  By the way, my
palm info syncs back to outlook with an additional program called Pocket
Mirror Pro (categories and all) and therefore all the palm data does end
up on my pocket PC and up to date on it as well after each sync.

Charles Wesco RPT (Reyburn Pocket PC Beta tester)

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Jonathan Finger
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 2:58 PM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: ETD for Palm OS

Steve,

As far as I know, there isn't.  First off, I don't know that palm has
any processors capable of operating such a program.  I may be wrong, as
I haven't kept up with palm advances in the last 6 months/year.

I also remember hearing something about the quality of their microphone
for capturing data, but I'm pretty fuzzy about that.

Andy might have better information on both of these issues.  :)

Jonathan Finger RPT