Everett Upright

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 05:29:43 -0500

'mornin.

I believe I have a chance to pick up a 1897 Everett Upright for not much
money. It appears to be well made. There's 4 back posts and a back post
support that goes across all of them..never seen that before. The Bridges
are immaculate and there's good sustain at C1(+- 20 sec.) and C6(+- 6 sec.).
Ivory is dirty, but in great shape..open face pinblock with 40-50 lbs.
torque average..case is typical of a 100 year old upright..nice carvings in
the wood..it should clean up nice.

Do any of the re-builders have experiences thay would like to share with me
on this?

I would be re-whatering it, and then selling it.

My gut feeling is to go after this one, but I will await any replies before
diving into this old girl.

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com