DC

Tony Caught caute@bigpond.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:06:10 +0930

Hi Kenny,=20

In Australia we are lucky, we are the largest island but the smallest =
continent. Australia is also the driest continent yet we have areas of =
extremes of all conditions.

The link below is for our weather Bureau and all can see the variations =
of yearly humidity and temp. from various locations.

I would hope that there are similar maps in all countries on this list =
but if not try to compare an area of Australia with your own local area =
and you may get a good guide on what System you should or should not =
use.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/

Regards

Tony Caught
Australia
caute@bigpond.com

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: KENNETH FINLAYSON=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 3:40 PM
  Subject: DC

  Hi Tony!

  Of course that's right. I may have sounded somewhat adamnant on my =
comment about DC. Yes, of course the climate plays a major role. I live =
in the Interior of BC; but I have worked many years for a piano store in =
Vancouver where it is very damp; but temperatures quite moderate. Not =
once have I had a need for DC.=20

  I have seen pianos across Canada. Pianos on the Prairie Provinces, =
where the winters are very severe, the soundboards are very cracked; =
Vancouver on the other hand, where it is damp and cool, has the best =
soundboards I have seen anywhere.

  Kenny