Keytop Glue

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 01:35:10 EST

In a message dated 13/02/03 1:20:10 AM, tune4u@earthlink.net writes:

<< I like PVC-E for felts and leather (though, as the man said, it is a little

runny) ...

Alan;
 Since PVC-E is water based......all you gots ta do is kinda let it set
around with the top off until it gets to the consistency that you
prefer....on felts thickerrerer 'is' better but on keytops you really don't
want it too awful thick...leastwise I doesn't. :-)

<<"never thought about it for keytops. How are you clamping them

when doing a whole set?">>
 Some say that it is not needed but I always put masking tape on several
places while the keystick is held in the vise and let them set around for
several hours before I take the tape off.........but it mainly is to make
sure the fronts are tight and the keytop is solid....don likes doin em
twice......

<<"Also, for all y'out there, what's a source for that water-based contact

cement?">>
 The usual suspects... hardware store, Lowes, Home Depot...etc.  The brand I
have used was Elmers but there are other brands out there............