Price shopper thankyou

Sherry swidmer@rochester.rr.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:11:43 -0500

Dear List,
    I just wanted to send you a big thank you for your past discussions and
advice about price shoppers.  I just got a call from an upscale Sr Citizens
home about tuning their piano which hadn't even been tuned since they opened
the facility 5 yrs ago.  After asking the normal questions we got to price.
She immediately blurted out--"I've been quoted from --- to ---."  The range
was $15-25 below what I normally charge.  Remembering your strong advice I
replied the if she was price shopping I wasn't the person to do the job for
them because my price was higher than her "range".  I then explained what I
would have to do to stabilize the piano and exactly what I would charge.
(This was hard for me because Jan was a slow month and I really need the
job.)  Then she replied,"Well, you came recommended to us and asked more
questions than anyone else--for a few dollars it really won't matter."  Yea
Three cheers for the Pianotech group advice!!!  Before I reqd your various
opinions on price shopping I would have caved in and lowered my price.
Thanks to you I held my ground and got the job anyway.
    Thanks again.    Sherry