Best pianos ever made

Armond armond@snip.net
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:03:18 -0500

on 2/12/03 4:40 AM, Mick at mick@laughinggravy.net wrote:

>>> Sorry Armand, the best upright pianos ever made were during the 20's, but
> made in Canada.
>
> What about German makes like Ernst Kapps, Richard Lipp etc from that period?
>
> Mick Danby CMIT

I was talking grands, which are pianos, not uprights,
vertical traveling hammers can not respond or make the same sound as
horizontal ones and something up against a wall will not sound the same
either
in my era everyone felt that real pianos could only be engineerd in 6'2
range and up, which is why Mr. Falconi only made 3 sizes, 6'3, 7'2, 9'?
you see any 6'2 uprights around?

i have not come across uprights made in canada
did have a customer in FL with an Everett semi upright, it was very good
and knew a few guys from NY in the piano business who went there to get out
of vietnam, maybe they made them.

did not come across ernst kapps or richard lipp either
i missed out on these, hope i get to

name is spelled Armond (that's with an "o")