More plastic vs. CLP

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:56:27 -0600

  Yes, they do run through cloth.  And I'm as baffled as anyone as to =
why lubrication doesn't seem to work on plastic when it has worked =
practically every time with wood centers.  It's happened on numerous =
occasions with plastic, not just once or twice.  =20

  In most situations I've seen, with wood, you can take a very tight =
center, use CLP or some other such lube, and the center is virtually =
free, if only temporarily.  Almost every plastic part I've seen that has =
been even slightly tight has been virtually unaffected by the =
introduction of lubricants.  =20

  Dave=20

  Hi, Dave
  I service many Kawais for a major dealer in the midwest where weather =
is always changing radically.  So, I'm interested in what others are =
experiencing with the plastic in the actions.  When tight centers are =
the problem,  the usual procedure is to ream, but that is the repair of =
choice for wood actions, also.  I have used Protek for years, but not =
often on Kawais for reasons stated.  I don't have an answer for you, =
just interest in the problem and hopeful someone following this will =
give an answer.

  Paul Chick