Hazelton Bros. Grand

Brian Trout brian_trout@hotmail.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:24:27 -0600

Hi Clark,

I think a 5'9" piano is a very nice size.  Small enough to fit nicely in
your home.  Large enough to have some nice potential for some quality sound.
  Granted, it's no Mason & Hamlin, but I think it may have potential.

Since it apparently needs a full rebuild anyway, it's the perfect time for
the right hands to make something truly special out of it, action, belly and
cabinet.  Trying to just reproduce what was there may give rather mediocre
results.  But some serious redesign considerations and scale work might
yield a pretty incredible sound.  I'm sure there are some who would
disagree, and that's ok.

...But if you decide to go the "dumpster" route, I'd be interested in taking
it off your hands if transportation could be arranged.  I hate to see those
mid-sized grands go to the dump.

Just my opinion.

Brian T.