No, I won't "lighten up"!

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 19:42:33 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Tom,
     Perhaps this is the case. But down here there is
a "workshop" which uses the mentally retarded/ill to
refinish furniture, and has them stripping amnd
finishing old pieces INDOORS with methylene chloride
and traditional lacquer and NO masks! I guess the
sentiment is:"They're retards anyway, so who cares?" I
this is an egregious abuse of human beings and NO I
will NOT lighten up an this one!!! Too many of my
acquintances have died of brain cancer rom
refinishing, so that is an highly unethical practice
which benefits the workshop owners, while exploiting
and poisoning the workers.
    I hope the folks "restoring" the Ruth piano are
not in this category, but whom are they kidding? There
will be NOTHING left of this piano except mushy,
indistinguishable  blocks of rotten, muddy wood and a
rusty, probably unusable plate.
     So, where is the $200,000 going, and who is
providing it? I am rightfully suspiciuous, methinks.
     Thump