Rosler ... Store Prep

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 09 Feb 2003 21:10:28 -0600

>I'm going Tues. to tune a new Rosler upright just purchased from the local
>piano store--the guy who tunes flat scale with a guitar tuner or a strobe.
>I KNOW he has done no new-piano prep.
>
>If this were your, call. How would you handle this first call? And what's
>the word on Rosler pianos, I've never seen one.
>
>'Preciate any advice. My experience to-date has been almost exclusively
>with pianos that have been "in the field" for years.
>
>Alan Barnard

Alan,
I'd say: you know what you're doing - just do what you know. If you see a
real need for work that wasn't done, mention it. No need to split hairs
unnecessarily, nor to let really ugly stuff slide. It's no different than
any other service call, except for negotiating who pays for what if work is
needed. Just approach it in a realistic and straightforward manner. I'm not
specifically familiar with Rosler.

Ron N