The Mother of all Bellyrails

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 09 Feb 2003 11:58:20 -0600

>  The actual soundboard liner (still attached to the soundboard) was
> attached only to the pads you see standing up on the ledge.

So much for the buttressed arch concept of crown retention. This is
probably one of the only soundboards you've ever gotten out intact. Is the
ribbing pretty conventional? Maybe 12, wider than tall?

>More like about 3/8" of iron -- but who's counting....

My Bradbury grand had a setup like this. Plate webbing drilled just barely
larger than the pins at the surface (about 3mm deep), and counterbored
(cast, actually) a bit larger on down to the block. The only one I've seen
like that.

Ron N