That Lake Thing

stars stars@teleport.com
Sun, 09 Feb 2003 08:47:46 -0800

Hi Listers,

I've been meaning to ask ...

How did that piano get in the lake?  Seems an odd place for a
piano, doesn't it? Anybody know the 'Rest of the Story'? :)

For those old dogs with broken innards that really can't be restored
as musical instruments, here's a wonderful idea:

http://www.pianodesk.com/desk.htm

If you do a search on the web for piano desks, there are a few sites
that come up. I think the work is absolutely stunning - I hope to do
one of these one day.  But what made me think of it was the
discussion about finding old parts - piano salvage.  One of these
guys might have a parts graveyard since all of the internals come
out. It might be worth contacting them if that is something you are
interested in. Perhaps it would be worthwhile, I don't know.

:)
Dorie