Help!!

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:12:43 -0800

Another repair technique just occured to me.  You could use fiberglass =
mesh and resin wrapped around the break.  The glass mesh
would add substancial strength and two-part resin cures very quickly =
allowing easy alignment of the parts.  As an alternative you could make =
a traditional epoxy repair first to get the pieces together and then =
wrap the repair with fiberglass afterward.  T

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

  Hello everyone,

  This morning, I had an old action in my action cradle and was working =
on shaping the hammers when the top half of the action came loose from =
the cradle.  I thought it was odd as I knew I had everything snug just a =
minute ago.=20

  As I move up to replace the top half of the action back into the =
cradle, I immediately see what the problem is.  The top action bracket =
(the one at the extreme treble) has completely cracked off.  Now, when I =
replace the action in the piano, there will be no way to affix the =
bracket to the post (since the bracket is now cracked off).  Although =
this piano is probably 75 years old and in bad shape, it is priceless to =
my customer as it was her grandmother's piano.

  What are my options here?

  Eagerly waiting any and all responses!

  Thanks,
  Corte Swearingen