Tips on finding leaking damper

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:51:19 -0700

Wim,
Check the position of the foot of the action bracket to see that it is =
where it should be.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 10:47 AM
  Subject: Re: Tips on finding leaking damper

  In a message dated 2/6/03 10:14:09 AM Central Standard Time, =
pryan2@the-beach.net writes:

    I have an old, but in good condition, spinet that after removing the =
action for minor repair, cannot get rid of a leaking damper sound when =
any note is played.  The dampers are in good condition, good quality =
felt, all touching where they are supposed to, but something is ringing =
very softly.  I've tried all the "tricks" I know with no solution.  =
Anyone got an idea that I might try to find this leak?
     =20
    Phil

  I don't know what tricks you've tried, but are you sure there is =
enough follow through on all the dampers. It might be that the pedal =
might need to be adjusted.

  Wim