JB Weld was Re: Help!!

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:05:09 -0600

JB Weld (Wal-mart has it). There is a rapid cure version and a slow cure =
version (haven't tried the slow cure). It's easy to work with and =
provides some fill, although it will run and is best in horizontal =
applications. I use it all the time, at home.=20

It is dark charcoal grey so can't be used where visible but I've found =
it great for these applications:

1) Installing new fallboard buttons (drawer pulls) when the screw is =
destroyed, the hole is huge, etc. (Hamilton studios seem prone to this =
damage).

2) Split hammer tails on old grands and beefing up the joint if the =
hammer is floppy on the shank. (Not for real nice pianos or where hammer =
replacement is a possibility.)

3) Installing new caster sockets when the wood is all split or worn.

Anybody got further suggestions/experience?

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO