Bellyrail Brace, was: D hammers

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 22:56:19 -0500

Nice picture Del. Thanks. But now you piqued my curiosity. What do you have going on with the inner rim bevel? It looks like you have some thin something going around the bevel and supported by thin blocks. And what's with the white stuff on the rear side of the pinblock - spanning the gap between the pinblock rear and the bellyrail. Curious minds..........

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Delwin D Fandrich" <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: D hammers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul E. Dempsey" <dempsey@Marshall.edu>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: February 05, 2003 5:50 AM

> Ron,
>
> Can you share some details regarding this brace you "routinely" install
> during soundboard replacement?
>
> Thanks

Paul,

See the photo below. The brace between the inside treble curve and the belly rail has been added to stiffen the belly rail. We add this brace as a part of our remanufacturing process. And we usually add the added brace between the #1 bellybrace and the straight, bass side, of the rim (just under the terminus of the also added soundboard cutoff bar).

These braces are installed in a similar fashion to the originals and are visually identical, i.e., they look original.

Del