Back problem

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:58:30 -0700

on 2/2/03 1:07 PM, HazenBannister@cs.com at HazenBannister@cs.com wrote:

Hi list,
 I had a MRI done this past week on my back.I hurt it moving a piano ( I
think ),and I have a hearneated(wrong spelling) disk.Has anyone ever had
this problem,I'm looking for some experienced advice.
Thanks much,
Hazen Bannister

Had the same thing in '91; PLEASE get a 2nd and a 3rd opinion; don't let
them just cut on you; there are many things to try other than surgery to
coax the disc material back into the disc: yoga, physical therapy,
acupuncture, strengthening the stomach muscles, relaxation therapy,
anto-inflammatory drugs----be a proactive medical consumer; the back
surgeons usually only want to get paid, cynical as that sounds.  Heads up.

David Andersen