Breaking strings on a new Kawai grand

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:10:46 -0500

Byron-

First, did you mean a model GE30? (5'5").  I don't see any GE3 on the Kawai
website.   No one has addressed the stringing scale, hardness of hammers,
shape and hardness of capo bar, angle of strings coming off capo bar (any
front duplex?) on this fairly short model piano  Why don't you have her
practice a bit next time you're there (before you tune)? It might give you
an idea of how much her style is contributing to the problem.  Of no
relevance to this issue, but out of curiosity, how would you describe the
degree of torque on the tuning pins?

Good luck

David Skolnik
Hastings, NY