Epoxy vs CA/Ron N.

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 08:22:41 -0800

Ron,
You seem to have a problem with my posts. <G> Am I being too brief?  Or ????
To answer your question of proof, I have used CA, (as suggested by many),
and have mixed results. I've had numerous chats with hobby types, (they
market and use it extensively), the consensus from the hobby types is that,
it does break down, over time. This has been my experience, as well. I know
that many use CA for all kinds of things, with good success. I should have
said that, My personal experience has been failure more than success. Sorry
for being TOO brief.:-(
I've also been told by the hobby types, that CA does not work under STRESS
situations. Hmmm? One application, that is successful, is for tightening
loose pinblocks. Now if that ain't stress, I don't know what is. It seems to
work just fine and keeps a "clunker" going a few more years. However, I
wonder about the longevity.
As for epoxy, I've been using many kinds, for more years than I care to
count. Yes, there have been failures, but they have been few. Those
"failures" were mostly due to epoxy beyond shelf life or used in an improper
manner.  I hope this clears up my position concerning CA vs Epoxy.

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)