CA vs Epoxy........

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 07:56:06 -0600

>Epoxy has a proven record of longivety whereas CA has a record of failure.
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

That's helpful and informative, Joe. What record of failure might that be?
The CA failures I've seen or heard of have been the result expecting the
stuff to do something it isn't capable of - just like with any glue. Epoxy,
for instance, isn't a good adhesive choice for Post-it notes, and CA isn't
a good choice for split bridges. Neither of these examples is the fault of
the glue.

I've never heard of CA failing in use as a means of tightening bridge pins
in un-split bridges. Nor do I expect to, unless the report is mistaken or
vastly generalized as an "Epoxy good, CA bad" indictment. Like anything, if
it's used in a reasonably intelligent manner, CA will do what it does,
regardless of anyone's personal wishes or prejudices.

Ron N