Damper Felt

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 23:52:53 -0600

Steck grand (Chinese built). Trichord dampers don't seat very well and =
one string rings-on a little in several unisons despite my tweaking, =
felt squeezing, and praying.

Replacing same at customer's request.=20

Will make sure dampers are well aligned and regulated after removing old =
felt, then glue in new felt at the piano.

Questions:

Horizontal cut felt or vertical cut? Preferences/differences?

Schaff options are no-name vertical cut and Laoureux horizontal. These =
good?

How do y'all prepare the actual felt material before installing?

Any other suggestions, tips, or ideas to make sure I can satisfy this =
good but fussy customer?

THANK YOU!

Alan Barnard
Singing String Squelching in Salem, MO