loose bridge pins

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 22:51:37 -0600

>Can you "safely" pound in loose bridge pins without structural damage to
>the piano?

Probably, but it won't make them tighter.

>If this is not recommended, what about "soaking" the holes with 5 min
>epoxy, with the pins in place?

CA works as well. Do you mean just pins, or pins and strings?

>They are semi  loose, but not to such an extent that you can remove them
>without the aid of a needle nose pliers.  If need be, can i safely detune
>the entire bass section, in order to remove and replace ALL the old pins?

Yes.

>There are NO cracks in either bridge, so I just want to get the pins TIGHT
>as quickly and easily as possible. Thanks for the help!
>

>Terry Peterson

Now, why do you want to tighten the pins? If there are no cracks, what are
you hoping to accomplish in the bass? What about the treble? What's the
situation with the piano, and what kind of piano, that indicated you needed
to make the pins tighter?

Ron N