Back problem

Dpshans@aol.com Dpshans@aol.com
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 16:52:24 EST

Hazen,

   Sorry to hear about your back.  From experience I know how miserable they
can be.  I had a disc removed about ten years ago.  Luckily I suffered no
complications other than occasional stiffness.  And this includes playing
tennis, softball, crashing my bicycle a few times, and wrestling with
shoplifters during my previous retail career.

  Get several opinions, and surgery is indicated, don't be afraid of it.  To
my layman's understanding, the true key to recovery is aggressive rehab.
You're going to have to become a serious jock, which will include stretching,
keeping your weight down, tons of leg-strengthening stuff and lots of ab
work.

   Best wishes for a full recovery

Dan Dannenfelser
Sacramento, CA