Introduction

stars stars@teleport.com
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 08:59:32 -0800

Sarah wrote:

 > an old friend of mine (Willie McCool) died piloting the thing.  It was
    > his first mission.  He was so excited to be going that he could hardly
    > keep from grinning from ear to ear.
    >
    > I had a good cry, but I take comfort in the fact that Willie died
    > doing what he loved, and oddly enough, he managed to "land" in the
    > state he called home.  (He would actually be smiling quietly about
    > that.)

    (((Sarah)))
    I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend - and for the loss all of us
    feel at this tragic time.  What a great insight you shared about
    Willie - thank you for that kindness...

    I am a newbie here - a hobbyist - feeling very out of my league with
    all of you pro's. I just love old uprights and have been doing
    refinishing on them - I'm on my 5th one now. I joined the list in the
    hopes of learning some tips for doing minor internal
    repairs on the old 'Grand Dames' that I love to work on.  My current
    project is an 1893 Henry Miller upright - I mostly do the cabinet
    work/refinishing.

    I probably don't belong on this list, but I'd like to learn what I can if
    its ok with you.  I'm not a professional or do I have any intentions of becoming a
technician - but I'm a damn good refinisher :)  Slow as molasses in January -
    everything done by hand. I'd like to find a mentor in my area
    (Vancouver, Washington, USA) - someone retired maybe who likes
    to dink around like I do.

    Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and thank you Sarah, for
    your sharing and hoping a hug will ease a bit of the pain...

    (((Hug)))
    Dorie