Feb Journal

Jonathan Finger johann@tollidee.com
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 21:30:09 -0700

Are you kidding?  I love no shows!  It's an early end to a day :-)

Of course, it's a different story when I drive an hour to get there.
But that problem's simple to solve..   Confirm appointments.  Call and
confirm the night before, and you won't have many no-shows

Jonathan Finger RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Wimblees@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 12:27 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Feb Journal

In a message dated 2/1/03 12:15:02 PM Central Standard Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

Wim's kick
in our butts about no-shows left me scratching my head a bit...which is
always a good thing in my book. Couldnt quite figure out if his message
was simply  "quit yer whining" or  more of a "lets try to be nice these
people....even when they do everything in their power to weasle out of
taking responsibilty for costing a <<hard working honest days work kind
of guy >>a couple hours income". Food for thought regardless.

Well, Ric, I guess it's a combination of both messages. Quit your
whining about no shows, because, as I said in my article, for most
people, there are other things in life that might be more important than
getting the piano tuned. Let me put it this way. Have you ever forgotten
an appointment?  I don't care why, or when, or what the circumstance
was, that doesn't matter. The fact is, that people do forget.

Now, if the same person stood you up twice, then you know the old adage:
fool me once..... But given that we see about 20 - 30 people a week,
(that's over a thousand a year), the odds are pretty good that one or
two of them are going to forget. My message just says, accept it as part
of our job, and get over it.

Have a nice day.

Wim