OT Re: Space Shuttle Lost

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 17:09:25 -0500

Hi Terry,

> Sad news. Turn on your news folks. Looks like we lost the space shuttle
during landing.

I heard it first from you.  Then I consulted the news, only to find out that
an old friend of mine (Willie McCool) died piloting the thing.  It was his
first mission.  He was so excited to be going that he could hardly keep from
grinning from ear to ear.

I had a good cry, but I take comfort in the fact that Willie died doing what
he loved, and oddly enough, he managed to "land" in the state he called
home.  (He would actually be smiling quietly about that.)

It's weird just how personal something like this can get.  <sigh>

Peace,
Sarah