slipping becket?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:16:32 EST

In a message dated 1/31/03 10:57:15 PM Central Standard Time,
tune4@earthlink.net writes:

> Hi members
> Tuned a Kawai RX 6 today. Beautiful!; but the string on E5 would slip out
> of
> tune--go flat from repeated forte blows.  It's the only note to do it.
> Everything looks fine.  I suspect maybe the becket is moving out of the
> tuning pin?!?  Any one ever encounter this?
>
> Paul Chick

I'm not familiar with the scale on this piano, but I doubt the becket is
slipping out, (although it could be). But instead of the pin end of the
string, take a look at the other end. Perhaps the string that is going out of
tune is a looped string. Check to see if the tail is against the plate, or
that the loop is snugged around the hitch pin.

Wim