tooling up for soundboard replacement

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:27:31 -0500

Where can I get the Baldwin SQ plate support screws? I'm now looking at the
end of a Mason&Hamlin A board replacement (my own piano) and would like to
get this plate mounting system.

Thanks,

Marcel Carey, RPT
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of ANRPiano@aol.com
  Sent: 6 decembre, 2003 01:15
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: tooling up for soundboard replacement

  In a message dated 12/5/2003 10:49:19 PM Central Standard Time,
HazenBannister@cs.com writes:

    have to get the board
    out,leaving the dowels in place,or so I am told.

  Why?

  Aren't you recapping the bridge? The new board thickness will be different
from the old board panel (probably thinner).  Save yourself the headache and
just plan on resetting the downbearing with new dowels.  Or even better a
Baldwinesq plate support system.

  Andrew Remillard
  ANRPiano.com
  ANR Piano Service