Opportunity was "This guy needs some education on piano value"

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:36:22 -0500

If this piano goes for even $999, I'm going to take my piano business in =
a whole new direction!!!

Alan Barnard
Stunned in Salem, MO
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 12:05 PM
  Subject: Re: This guy needs some education on piano value

  In a message dated 9/30/02 11:23:57 AM Central Daylight Time, =
stephenairy@fastmail.fm writes:=20

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D910259887=20

    I would NEVER pay $20,000 for an old upright that's in that =
condition.=20
    --=20
     Stephen Airy=20
     stephenairy@fastmail.fm=20

  I don't think they are asking $20,000 for this piano. They are asking =
$999 for the piano, and have not received any bids yet. It does say that =
an insurance company would pay $20,000 if the piano was damaged in =
transit. Before purchasing, and shipping the piano from China, I would =
want to get that information in writing from the insurance company.=20

  Wim=20