SAT use

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:29:48 +0000

I'm surprised nobody mentioned tuning the unisons.  The only time I use the
machine for more than one string, is in the upper treble, sometimes I'll
tune two out of three with the machine, and then bring the third into the
"best" spot I can find. (Thanks, Ed Foote for that hint)

But going down into the wound strings, the machines have trouble, because
mostly they are only listening to a single partial.  Our ears just search
for what is "least bad", when working on everyday instruments, where the
partials of a pair don't exactly match.  Not something a deaf tuner would
have much luck with......

Ron Koval