Heavy action

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:40:07 -0400

> Does anyone think I'd get into inertia
> problems adding this amount of lead?

Yes.

I had a similar problem with an SF.  I wish I had had the opportunity
to go back and analyze that action for I think the capstans are
mis-located and maybe the knuckles are in the wrong place.

>From where it is now you will need to do a full Stanwood analysis to
determine exactly where the problem is and then you will know exactly
how to fix it.  Without the numbers there is no way to know what to
change and by how much.

> I can add 1 - 2 weights to each key
> and bring it down to 44 at A0, 42 at C4

Are you referring to balance weight or down weight?

> There is a point of diminishing returns on some actions where you can > reduce downweight by adding leads but the additional inertia makes it > feel to the player as though it is as heavy as it was before.  Does
> anyone think I'd get into inertia problems adding this amount of lead?
There certainly is and David has provided a ceiling guide for key front
weights.

This is exactly the kind of problem David's system is designed to solve.

		Newton