Wrong String

Vanderhoofven dkvander@joplin.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:21:21 -0500

Alan,

Here is a suggestion:  Eat the cost of the wrong string, order the correct
string directly from Mapes, give the customer the best service you can and
hopefully they will be your customer for life.

If my mechanic installed the wrong part on my car because he ordered the
wrong part, would I  expect to pay for his mistake?  No.  Neither should my
customer have to pay for my mistake in ordering the wrong part.  If my
mechanic insisted that I pay for the part, I would probably pay him, but
then I would find a new mechanic.  Mistakes happen, but correcting the
mistake is the right thing to do.

Strings are cheap.  The good will you generate by making it right is worth
a whole lot more than the string.  Give excellent service and your
customers will reward you with loyalty and lots of business.

Just my 2 cents.

David Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO